Heading into the Holidays’ with a plan can have you feeling like Bob Cratchit instead of Ebenezer Scrooge. You want to make everyone happy, prevent large amounts of debt, keep your calm, and/or make time to enjoy the festivities.
Here are some Holiday Shopping, Budget and Time Management tips that will have you full of Holiday Cheer.
• Make a Shopping List – One of the best tips is to make a Holiday Shopping List. This helps you to be organized and efficient. It can prevent you from overspending. The list can contain all those that you would like to purchase gifts for and the amount you intend to spend. Also, it can include gift ideas for each individual. You will be amazed at the time and money savings you will see by sticking to your list.
• Plan Ahead For Next Year – Open a Christmas Club account and spread the cost of the holiday over the entire year. Every month deposit money into this savings account and when the holiday’s roll around you will already be a step ahead because the money for gifts and activities will already be there.
• Black Friday Deals – You can save big on with Black Friday deals. Many retailers offer the same deals online, so you can save without dealing with the crowds. Log on to the sites as early as 12:01am so you don’t miss the on the savings.
• Small Business Saturday Deals – If shopping local and saving money are both important to you, then grab the deals at your local small shops the Saturday after Thanksgiving. This is a great way to keep money in the community and get the gifts you need on a budget.
• Cyber Monday Deals - Shopping online already offers big savings, and many online retailers offer incredible deals on Cyber Monday. Remember to sign up for emails from your favorite retailers so you do not miss out on any deals.
• Make A Schedule – In addition to stretching your budget this time of year, it can seem that you are also stretching your time. There are so many activities that demand our time….concerts, friends and family gatherings, shopping, baking, cards that needs to be sent….the list is long. Planning everything out will make the season more enjoyable and allow you to focus on what matters most.
• Holiday Cards – Plan ahead for holiday cards. Create a master list of everyone that you will be sending cards throughout the year and review it in early fall. Get the cards in the mail right after Thanksgiving, that way you won’t have to worry about another project in December.
• Follow Retailers on Social Media – Social media is a great place to get exclusive deals and coupons. Follow your favorite retailers for extra savings.
• Research before you buy – It is best to research before making a purchase. This holds true for gifts as well. Online research makes this process easy and allows you to know the value and rating of the gifts you intend to purchase.
Use one or all of these tips to enjoy your Holiday Season! The Holiday Season should be one of joy and prosperity. Contact M C Bank today to set up a Christmas Club account and get ready for the next Holiday Season.